What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Uniphyl Tablet, Extended Release to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- FDA C (unknown human fetal risk; assess risk/benefit):
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: LIMITED DATA REPORT INFANT IRRITABILITY AFTER MATERNAL ORAL DOSES
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: General-Decreased clearance in elderly. Cardiovascular-Use caution in patients with coronary insufficiency, cardiac arrhythmia. Gastrointestinal- Caution with active peptic ulcer disease. Hepatic- Caution with hepatic disease or impairment; adjust dose and monitor drug level,
Giving Uniphyl Tablet, Extended Release to a child under 12
- management or monitoring precaution: Dose form may be inappropriate for this age range.
- management or monitoring precaution: Clearance may be reduced age < 1 year. Administer with caution.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.