Who should not take Nevirapine?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- chronic hepatitis B
- chronic hepatitis C
- liver failure
- damage to the liver and inflammation
- liver problems
- severe liver disease
- acute kidney failure
- a condition with muscle tissue breakdown called rhabdomyolysis
- abnormal liver function tests
- prevention of HIV infection after exposure
- a mother who is producing milk and breastfeeding
- hepatitis C
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.