Who should not take FOSPHENYTOIN SODIUM?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- low amount of albumin proteins in the blood
- high amount of phosphate in the blood
- a type of blood disorder with a decrease in all types of blood cells called pancytopenia
- decreased function of bone marrow
- decreased blood platelets
- low levels of white blood cells
- low levels of granulocytes, a type of white blood cell
- complete heart block
- second degree atrioventricular heart block
- Adams-Stokes syndrome
- sinus bradycardia
- abnormal EKG with QT changes from birth
- low blood pressure
- liver problems
- decreased kidney function
- systemic lupus erythematosus, an autoimmune disease
- swollen lymph nodes
- HLA-B *15:02 positive gene status
- sinoatrial block, a disorder of the heart beat
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using fosphenytoin injection?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.