What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Brimonidine TARTRATE Drops to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- FDA B (no known animal fetal risk. Unknown human fetal risk):
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: INSUFFICIENT HUMAN DATA AVAILABLE; EXCRETED IN ANIMAL STUDIES
If you are an adult over 60
Giving Brimonidine TARTRATE Drops to a child under 12
- management or monitoring precaution: Increased somnolence, decreased alertness observed age 2-7 years.
- Severe Precaution: Consult clinician for use in child age < 5 years.
- Contraindication: Reports of apnea, respiratory depression, bradycardia, hypotension, somnolence. Contraindicated age < 2 years.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.