Who should not take METHOXSALEN?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- malignant melanoma, a type of skin cancer
- squamous cell carcinoma
- absence of pigment in the skin, hair and eyes
- porphyria cutanea tarda
- erythropoietic protoporphyria
- variegate porphyria
- clouding of the lens of the eye called cataracts
- absent eye lens
- liver problems
- increased sensitivity of the skin to the sun
- Hydroa vacciniforme
- systemic lupus erythematosus, an autoimmune disease
- xeroderma pigmentosum
- a patient who is producing milk and breastfeeding
- basal cell carcinoma of the skin
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using 8-Mop oral?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.