What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering THSC Nifedipine Capsule to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- FDA C (unknown human fetal risk; assess risk/benefit):
If you are NURSING
- No Known Risk: AMOUNT EXCRETED IS NEGLIGIBLE, ADVERSE EFFECT POTENTIAL FOR INFANT UNKNOWN
If you are an adult over 60
- Contraindication: Sustained release products are preferred. Risks for hypotension, edema and constipation. Decreased clearance and higher AUC in the elderly. Generally not recommended.
- management or monitoring precaution: Decreased clearance and higher AUC in the elderly. Risks for hypotension, edema and constipation. Sustained release products are preferred.
Giving THSC Nifedipine Capsule to a child under 12
- Severe Precaution: Use the lowest effective dose; risk of severe hypotension. Caution with CNS injury, risk of stroke, seizure.
- management or monitoring precaution: Extended release dose form may not be appropriate.
- Severe Precaution: No dosing guidelines available age <1 year. Not recommended per manufacturer.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.