Who should not take Furadantin?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- diarrhea from an infection with Clostridium difficile bacteria
- glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PD) deficiency
- a painful condition that affects the nerves in the legs and arms called peripheral neuropathy
- sudden blindness and pain upon moving the eye
- a type of inflammation of the lung called interstitial pneumonitis
- a condition where there is formation of fibrous tissue in the lung called pulmonary fibrosis
- chronic inflammation of the liver
- acute inflammation of the liver
- damage to the liver and inflammation
- a blockage of the bile duct that resulting in high bilirubin levels
- decreased urine production
- inflammation of the liver with stoppage of bile flow
- anemia from pyruvate kinase and G6PD deficiencies
- cessation of urine production
- vitamin B deficiency
- chronic kidney disease stage 4 (severe)
- chronic kidney disease stage 5 (failure)
- kidney disease with likely reduction in kidney function
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using Furadantin?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.