What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Trandolapril-Verapamil ER to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- Only When Necessary:
- FDB Contraindicated or Not Recommended: FETAL DEATH/MORBIDITY W/USE IN 2ND & 3RD TRIMESTER, STOP WHEN PREGNANCY DETECTED
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: EXCRETED IN RATS; INSUFFICIENT HUMAN DATA AVAILABLE; MFR DOES NOT REC
- No Known Risk: LIMITED DATA SUGGEST INFANT LEVELS ARE LOW WITH NO RESULTING ADVERSE EFFECTS
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: Cardiovascular-Elderly are more sensitive to blood pressure lowering effects and may have lower drug clearance. Start at lower doses and titrate upward more slowly. Peripheral edema may be common. Gastrointestinal-may cause or worsen pre-existing constipation.
- management or monitoring precaution: General-Monitor for increased serum creatinine or hyperkalemia. Cardiovascular-Monitor for hypotension.
Giving Trandolapril-Verapamil ER to a child under 12
- management or monitoring precaution: Safety and efficacy not established.
- management or monitoring precaution: Safety and efficacy of oral dose form not established. Dosing guidelines available.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.