Who should not take LITHIUM?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- a bad infection
- a condition with low thyroid hormone levels
- diabetes insipidus
- high amount of calcium in the blood
- low amount of sodium in the blood
- very serious loss of body water
- serotonin syndrome, a type of disorder with high serotonin levels
- organic mental disorder
- myasthenia gravis, a skeletal muscle disorder
- decreased kidney function
- excess urination
- a patient who is producing milk and breastfeeding
- Brugada syndrome
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using lithium?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.