Who should not take SPRYCEL?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- significant anemia
- a significant decrease in certain blood clotting cells called platelets
- a heart attack
- heart and lung disease
- fluid in the covering of the heart or pericardium
- torsades de pointes, a type of abnormal heart rhythm
- prolonged QT interval on EKG
- sudden and serious symptoms of heart failure called acute decompensated heart failure
- abnormal EKG with QT changes from birth
- a hemorrhage in the brain
- escape of fluid into the lungs
- bleeding of the stomach or intestines
- visible water retention
- a mother who is producing milk and breastfeeding
- a significant drop in a certain type of white blood cell called a neutrophil
- reactivation of hepatitis B infection
- pulmonary arterial hypertension
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using Sprycel?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.