Who should not take HUMIRA PEN?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- active tuberculosis
- miliary tuberculosis
- inactive tuberculosis
- chronic hepatitis B
- opportunistic fungal infection
- pneumonia with a fungus called Pneumocystis jirovecii
- an infection by Pneumocystis carinii outside of the lungs
- a bad infection
- infection that lasts a long time
- cancer or malignancy
- squamous cell carcinoma
- a type of blood disorder with a decrease in all types of blood cells called pancytopenia
- decreased blood platelets
- low levels of a type of white blood cell called neutrophils
- multiple sclerosis
- demyelination, a type of nervous system disorder
- Guillain-Barre syndrome
- chronic heart failure
- a condition with symptoms that resemble lupus
- reactivation of a past tuberculosis infection
- basal cell carcinoma of the skin
- malignant lymphoma
- resolved hepatitis B
- reactivation of hepatitis B infection
- hepatitis B
- hepatosplenic T-cell lymphoma
- an increased risk of developing an uncommon viral infection called an opportunistic infection
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using Humira Pen Pen Injector Kit?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.