Who should not take Levaquin?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- diarrhea from an infection with Clostridium difficile bacteria
- low blood sugar
- glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PD) deficiency
- low amount of potassium in the blood
- a low seizure threshold
- pseudotumor cerebri, a condition with high fluid pressure in the brain
- a painful condition that affects the nerves in the legs and arms called peripheral neuropathy
- myasthenia gravis, a skeletal muscle disorder
- a low supply of oxygen rich blood to the heart
- torsades de pointes, a type of abnormal heart rhythm
- slow heartbeat
- prolonged QT interval on EKG
- abnormal EKG with QT changes from birth
- severe hardening of the arteries in the brain
- liver problems
- kidney transplant
- inflammation of a tendon
- rupture of a tendon
- a condition with muscle tissue breakdown called rhabdomyolysis
- muscle tremors
- lung transplant
- heart transplant
- dissection of the aorta
- chronic kidney disease stage 3A (moderate)
- chronic kidney disease stage 3B (moderate)
- chronic kidney disease stage 4 (severe)
- chronic kidney disease stage 5 (failure)
- kidney disease with likely reduction in kidney function
- aneurysm of aorta
- Marfan syndrome
- Ehlers-Danlos syndrome
- Loeys-Dietz syndrome
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using Levaquin?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.