What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering NORETHIN-ETH ESTRA-FERROUS FUM Tablet, Chewable Contraceptives to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- FDB Only When Necessary: AVAIL DATA NO KNOWN RISK FOR DEVELOPMENTAL TOXICITY AFTER INADVERTENT EXPOSURE
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: MAY DECREASE MILK PRODUCTION, USE LOWEST DOSE
- No Known Risk: MAY INHIBIT LACTATION AT HIGH DOSES.
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: General-Use lowest possible dose for shortest duration and in combination with a progestin as indicated to reduce the risk of endometrial hyperplasia and breast cancer. Cardiovascular-May increase risk for thromboembolic events. Avoid use in patients with known, suspected, or history of arterial or venous thromboembolic disease. Neuro/Psych-May increase the risk for dementia.
Giving NORETHIN-ETH ESTRA-FERROUS FUM Tablet, Chewable Contraceptives to a child under 12
- Severe Precaution: Not indicated before menarche.