What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Medi-Phedryl to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- Possibly Safe:
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: LIMITED DATA SUGGEST INCREASED DROWSINESS, AND IRRITABILITY
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: Neuro/Psych-Anticholinergic effects may cause sedation, worsen cognitive impairment and increase fall risk. Maximum of 25mg/day. Cardiovascular-May cause orthostatic hypotension at higher doses. Gastrointestinal-May cause or worsen pre-existing constipation. Genitourinary-Best avoided in patients with urinary retention from any cause.
Giving Medi-Phedryl to a child under 12
- Severe Precaution: Use with caution and with clinician consultation. Risk of adverse CNS effects includes sedation or paradoxical excitation.
- management or monitoring precaution: Use with caution and with clinician consultation. Risk of adverse CNS effects include sedation or paradoxical excitation.
- Contraindication: Possible risk of CNS excitation, convulsions in newborns.