What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Lisdexamfetamine Capsule to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- FDB Only When Necessary: INFANTS BORN TO DEPENDENT MOTHERS MAY EXPERIENCE WITHDRAWAL SYMPTOMS
If you are NURSING
- Absolute Contraindication: INSUFFICIENT DATA AVAILABLE; LONG TERM EFFECTS OF EXPOSED INFANT UNKNOWN
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: Neuro/Psych-Generally not recommended in the elderly. Risk for worsening cognitive impairment. Cardiovascular-May exacerbate pre-existing hypertension or coronary insufficiency, or cause peripheral vasculopathy. Gastrointestinal-Anorexia may cause significant weight loss.
Giving Lisdexamfetamine Capsule to a child under 12
- Severe Precaution: Reports of weight loss, slowed growth rate, behavioral changes including suicidal ideation. No safety and efficacy established age < 6 years.
- management or monitoring precaution: Warning with cardiac disease or defects: monitor weight, growth rate, behavioral changes including suicidal ideation.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.