Who should not take Vyvanse?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- overactive thyroid gland
- manic behavior
- psychotic disorder
- suicidal thoughts
- alcohol intoxication
- drug abuse
- chronic muscle twitches or movements
- aggressive behavior
- a low seizure threshold
- high blood pressure
- coronary artery disease
- cardiomyopathy, a disease of the heart muscle
- torsades de pointes, a type of abnormal heart rhythm
- prolonged QT interval on EKG
- abnormal heart rhythm
- chronic heart failure
- abnormal EKG with QT changes from birth
- a stroke
- severe hardening of the arteries
- Raynaud's phenomenon, a condition where blood vessels constrict too much with coldness or stress
- a patient who is producing milk and breastfeeding
- structural disorder of heart
- chronic kidney disease stage 4 (severe)
- chronic kidney disease stage 5 (failure)
- history of drug abuse
- anxiety disorder
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using Vyvanse?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.