What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Symbicort HFA Aerosol With Adapter to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- Only When Necessary:
- Possibly Safe: CURRENT EVIDENCE SUPPORTS USE OF INHALED CORTICOSTEROIDS FOR ASTHMA TX IN PREG
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: REPORTED AMOUNT IN BREASTMILK < 1% OF MATERNAL DOSE W/ INHALATION.
- Precaution: EXCRET IN RAT STUDIES;LOW PLASMA LEVELS,AMT EXCRET UNLIKELY TO BE CLIN SIGNIF
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: Cardiovascular-Use caution in severe cardiovascular diseases (e.g. coronary insufficiency, aneurysm) since beta-agonists increase heart rate and blood pressure. Endocrine-Use caution in poorly controlled hyperthyroidism or diabetes.
Giving Symbicort HFA Aerosol With Adapter to a child under 12
- Severe Precaution: Safety and efficacy not established age<12 years. Do not use for acute asthma. Risk of decreased growth rate.
- management or monitoring precaution: May reduce growth velocity, monitor growth rate. Not for acute asthma event. Titrate to lowest effective dose.
- Severe Precaution: Risk of decreased growth rate. Safety and efficacy not established age<6 years.
- management or monitoring precaution: May reduce growth rate; monitor growth and use lowest effective dose.