What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Symbicort HFA Aerosol With Adapter to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- FDB Only When Necessary: INSUFFICIENT HUMAN DATA AVAILABLE
- Possibly Safe: CURRENT EVIDENCE SUPPORTS USE OF INHALED CORTICOSTEROIDS FOR ASTHMA TX IN PREG
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: REPORTED AMOUNT IN BREASTMILK < 1% OF MATERNAL DOSE W/ INHALATION.
- Precaution: EXCRET IN RAT STUDIES;LOW PLASMA LEVELS,AMT EXCRET UNLIKELY TO BE CLIN SIGNIF
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: Cardiovascular-Use caution in severe cardiovascular diseases (e.g. coronary insufficiency, aneurysm) since beta-agonists increase heart rate and blood pressure. Endocrine-Use caution in poorly controlled hyperthyroidism or diabetes.
Giving Symbicort HFA Aerosol With Adapter to a child under 12
- Severe Precaution: Safety and efficacy not established age<12 years. Do not use for acute asthma. Risk of decreased growth rate.
- management or monitoring precaution: May reduce growth velocity, monitor growth rate. Not for acute asthma event. Titrate to lowest effective dose.
- Severe Precaution: Risk of decreased growth rate. Safety and efficacy not established age<6 years.
- management or monitoring precaution: May reduce growth rate; monitor growth and use lowest effective dose.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.