What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering SYMBICORT to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- Not Recommended:
- Not Recommended:
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: REPORTED AMOUNT IN BREASTMILK < 1% OF MATERNAL DOSE W/ INHALATION.
- Precaution: INSUFF HUMAN DATA AVAIL;LOW PLASMA LEVELS,AMT EXCRET UNLIKELY TO BE CLIN SIG
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: Cardiovascular-Use caution in severe cardiovascular diseases (e.g. coronary insufficiency, aneurysm) since beta-agonists increase heart rate and blood pressure. Endocrine-Use caution in poorly controlled hyperthyroidism or diabetes.
Giving Haloperidol to a child under 12
- Severe Precaution: Safety and efficacy not established age<12 years. Do not use for acute asthma. Risk of decreased growth rate.
- Severe Precaution: May reduce growth velocity, monitor growth rate. Not for acute asthma event. Titrate to lowest effective dose.
- Severe Precaution: Risk of decreased growth rate. Safety and efficacy not established age<6 years.
- Severe Precaution: May reduce growth rate; monitor growth and use lowest effective dose.
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using Symbicort HFA Aerosol with Adapter?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.