Who should not take TASIGNA?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- high cholesterol
- low amount of magnesium in the blood
- low amount of phosphate in the blood
- low amount of calcium in the blood
- low amount of sodium in the blood
- high levels of potassium in the blood
- low amount of potassium in the blood
- decreased blood platelets
- low levels of a type of white blood cell called neutrophils
- high blood pressure
- torsades de pointes, a type of abnormal heart rhythm
- prolonged QT interval on EKG
- abnormal EKG with QT changes from birth
- hardening of the arteries due to plaque buildup
- liver problems
- high amount of bilirubin in the blood
- abnormal liver function tests
- a mother who is producing milk and breastfeeding
- reactivation of hepatitis B infection
- past history of complete removal of stomach
- reduced UGT1A1 enzyme activity due to *28 polymorphism
- high blood levels of the lipase enzyme
- high blood levels of the amylase enzyme
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using nilotinib oral?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.