5HT-1D Agonists/Ergotamines; Methysergide Interactions
This information is generalized and not intended as specific medical advice. Consult your healthcare professional before taking or discontinuing any drug or commencing any course of treatment.
Severe. These medicines may interact and cause very harmful effects and are usually not taken together. Contact your healthcare professional (e.g. doctor or pharmacist) for more information.
How the interaction occurs:
When these two medicines are taken together, the effects of one or both medicines may increase.
What might happen:
Your blood pressure may increase, causing headache, dizziness, or blurred vision.
What you should do about this interaction:
Contact your healthcare professionals (e.g. doctor or pharmacist) as soon as possible about taking these two medicines together. They may already be aware of this interaction and may be monitoring you for it. Do not start, stop, or change the dosage of any medicine before checking with them first.
- 1.Imitrex Tablets (sumatriptan) US prescribing information. GlaxoSmithKline December 14, 2017.
- 2.Imitrex Injection (sumatriptan) US prescribing information. GlaxoSmithKline December 14, 2017.
- 3.Imigran Tablets, Injection, and Nasal Spray (sumatriptan) Australian prescribing information. GlaxoSmithKline February 11, 2002.
- 4.Imigran Nasal Spray (sumatriptan) UK summary of product characteristics. GlaxoSmithKline UK July 8, 2004.
- 5.Imigran Injection (sumatriptan) UK summary of product characteristics. GlaxoSmithKline UK September 19, 2003.
- 6.Zomig (zolmitriptan) US prescribing information. AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals LP September, 2012.
- 7.Zomig (zolmitriptan) UK summary of product characteristics. Zeneca Limited March, 1997.
- 8.Zomig (zomitriptan) Australian prescribing information. AstraZeneca Pty Ltd July 10, 2003.
- 9.Maxalt (rizatriptan) US prescribing information. Merck & Co., Inc. December, 2011.
- 10.Amerge (naratriptan) US prescribing information. GlaxoSmithKline October, 2013.
- 11.Naramig (naratriptan hydrochloride) Australian prescribing information. GlaxoSmithKline Australia Pty Ltd. April 30, 2004.
- 12.Relpax (eletriptan hydrobromide) US prescribing information. Pfizer Inc. November 27, 2013.
- 13.Relpax (eletriptan hydrobromide) UK summary of product characteristics. Pfizer Limited September, 2013.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.