5HT-1D Agonists/Ergotamines; Methysergide Interactions
This information is generalized and not intended as specific medical advice. Consult your healthcare professional before taking or discontinuing any drug or commencing any course of treatment.
Severe. These medicines may interact and cause very harmful effects and are usually not taken together. Contact your healthcare professional (e.g. doctor or pharmacist) for more information.
How the interaction occurs:
When these two medicines are taken together, the effects of one or both medicines may increase.
What might happen:
Your blood pressure may increase, causing headache, dizziness, or blurred vision.
What you should do about this interaction:
Contact your healthcare professionals (e.g. doctor or pharmacist) as soon as possible about taking these two medicines together. They may already be aware of this interaction and may be monitoring you for it. Do not start, stop, or change the dosage of any medicine before checking with them first.
- 1.Imitrex Tablets (sumatriptan) US prescribing information. GlaxoSmithKline March, 2012.
- 2.Imitrex Injection (sumatriptan) US prescribing information. GlaxoSmithKline October 2, 2012.
- 3.Imigran Tablets, Injection, and Nasal Spray (sumatriptan) Australian prescribing information. GlaxoSmithKline February 11, 2002.
- 4.Imigran Nasal Spray (sumatriptan) UK summary of product characteristics. GlaxoSmithKline UK July 8, 2004.
- 5.Imigran Injection (sumatriptan) UK summary of product characteristics. GlaxoSmithKline UK September 19, 2003.
- 6.Zomig (zolmitriptan) US prescribing information. AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals LP September, 2012.
- 7.Zomig (zolmitriptan) UK summary of product characteristics. Zeneca Limited March, 1997.
- 8.Zomig (zomitriptan) Australian prescribing information. AstraZeneca Pty Ltd July 10, 2003.
- 9.Maxalt (rizatriptan) US prescribing information. Merck & Co., Inc. December, 2011.
- 10.Amerge (naratriptan) US prescribing information. GlaxoSmithKline October, 2013.
- 11.Naramig (naratriptan hydrochloride) Australian prescribing information. GlaxoSmithKline Australia Pty Ltd. April 30, 2004.
- 12.Relpax (eletriptan hydrobromide) US prescribing information. Pfizer Inc. November 27, 2013.
- 13.Relpax (eletriptan hydrobromide) UK summary of product characteristics. Pfizer Limited September, 2013.