Vardenafil (Less Than or Equal To 5 mg)/Selected CYP3A4 Inhibitors Interactions
This information is generalized and not intended as specific medical advice. Consult your healthcare professional before taking or discontinuing any drug or commencing any course of treatment.
Moderate. These medicines may cause some risk when taken together. Contact your healthcare professional (e.g. doctor or pharmacist) for more information.
How the interaction occurs:
Some medicines slow down how quickly your liver processes vardenafil.
What might happen:
The amount of vardenafil in your blood may increase and cause harmful effects.
What you should do about this interaction:
Let your healthcare professionals (e.g. doctor or pharmacist) that you are using these medicines together. If your doctor decides that it is safe for you to use these medicines together, you may need to decrease the dose of vardenafil you can safely take. Discuss this with your doctor or pharmacist. Contact your doctor if you experience a painful or prolonged erection, fainting, dizziness, or changes in vision.Your healthcare professionals may already be aware of this interaction and may be monitoring you for it. Do not start, stop, or change the dosage of any medicine before checking with them first.
- 1.Levitra (vardenafil hydrochloride) US prescribing information. Bayer Pharmaceuticals Corporation September, 2015.
- 2.Levitra (vardenafil hydrochloride trihydrate) Australian prescribing information. Bayer Australia Limited November 2, 2006.
- 3.Levitra (vardenafil hydrochloride) Canadian prescribing information. Bayer, Inc. October 24, 2006.
- 4.Levitra (vardenafil hydrochloride trihydrate) UK summary of product characteristics. Bayer plc December 20, 2006.
- 5.Drew BJ, Ackerman MJ, Funk M, Gibler WB, Kligfield P, Menon V, Philippides GJ, Roden DM, Zareba W. Prevention of torsade de pointes in hospital settings: a scientific statement from the American Heart Association and the American College of Cardiology Foundation. J Am Coll Cardiol 2010 Mar 2;55(9):934-47.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.