What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Desonide-Emollient Combo.#30 Kit, Ointment And Lotion, Emollient to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- FDB Only When Necessary: INSUFFICIENT HUMAN DATA AVAILABLE
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: AMT OF SYSTEMIC ABSORPTION UNKNOWN, CAUTION ADVISED.
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: Skin-Pre-existing skin atrophy increases risk of purpura and skin lacerations.
Giving Desonide-Emollient Combo.#30 Kit, Ointment And Lotion, Emollient to a child under 12
- management or monitoring precaution: No safety and efficacy age < 6 months. There is a presumptive risk of gasping syndrome in neonates. This presumed risk is based on several 1982 case report series where premature neonates, receiving injections containing benzyl alcohol preservative, developed a frequently fatal "gasping syndrome" and metabolic acidosis. Plasma levels from 5% topical benzyl alcohol in children using short contact times (<30 minutes), were 37 fold lower than previously reported using injectable.
- Severe Precaution: Risk of HPA-Axis suppression. Growth inhibition with chronic use.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.