Who should not take Topotecan Capsule?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- significantly decreased activity of the bone marrow
- significant anemia
- decreased blood platelets
- a significant decrease in certain blood clotting cells called platelets
- low levels of a type of white blood cell called neutrophils
- a type of inflammation of the lung called interstitial pneumonitis
- a condition where there is formation of fibrous tissue in the lung called pulmonary fibrosis
- a mother who is producing milk and breastfeeding
- moderate to severe kidney impairment
- a significant drop in a certain type of white blood cell called a neutrophil
- Radiation Therapy Involving the Lungs
- neutropenic colitis
- Camptothecin Analogues
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.