Who should not take PROMACTA?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- increase in the number of platelets in the blood
- clouding of the lens of the eye called cataracts
- obstruction of a blood vessel by a blood clot
- a blood clot in a vein of the liver
- at risk for formation of blood clots
- acute liver failure
- damage to the liver and inflammation
- decreased kidney function
- high amount of bilirubin in the blood
- abnormal liver function tests
- a patient who is producing milk and breastfeeding
- antiphospholipid antibody syndrome
- abnormal blood clotting due to factor V leiden mutation
- hereditary antithrombin III deficiency
- Child-Pugh class A liver impairment
- Child-Pugh class B liver impairment
- Child-Pugh class C liver impairment
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using eltrombopag oral?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.