What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Endodan Tablet to Children or the Elderly?
Sorry, we have no data available. Please contact your doctor or pharmacist.
If you are PREGNANT
- FDB Only When Necessary: RISK OF NEONATAL WITHDRAWAL SYNDROME WITH CHRONIC USE
- FDB Contraindicated or Not Recommended: NO FDA CATEGORY; NOT RECOMMENDED ESPECIALLY IN 3RD TRIMESTER OR NEAR TERM
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: MONITOR FOR CHANGES IN RESPIRATION, GI EFFECTS, SEDATION, FEEDING PATTERN
- Absolute Contraindication: ONE REPORT OF METABOLIC ACIDOSIS; RISK OF REYE'S SYND IN VIRAL ILLNESS.
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: Pulmonary-Life threatening respiratory depression is more likely to occur with high doses, SR products, cachexia, or debilitation due to altered pharmacokinetics with poor fat stores, muscle wasting, or altered clearance. Monitor closely at initiation and with dose titration. Neuro/Psych-Risk for increased confusion and delirium. May increase fall risk. Avoid treatment with 3 or more CNS active drugs. Gastrointestinal-Constipation risk. Urogenital-Urinary retention risk.
Giving Endodan Tablet to a child under 12
- Severe Precaution: Reye syndrome risk with viral illness, fever, and/or flu symptoms.
- Severe Precaution: Potential increased sensitivity to effects, adverse CNS effects and respiratory depression.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.