What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Acid Gone Tablet, Chewable to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- FDB Only When Necessary: AVOID CHRONIC HIGH DOSE
If you are NURSING
- No Known Risk: POOR GI ABSORPTION
- No Known Risk: EXCRETED IN ANIMAL STUDIES;POOR GI ABSORPTION
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: General-Consider alternative antacid due to high sodium content. Risk of systemic alkalosis, edema, weight gain.
- management or monitoring precaution: May cause diarrhea. Caution in renal impairment.
- management or monitoring precaution: May cause constipation. Overuse may affect bone mineralization.
Giving Acid Gone Tablet, Chewable to a child under 12
- management or monitoring precaution: Rare risk of osteomalacia with high dose therapy.
- Severe Precaution: Not recommended under 6 years of age unless properly diagnosed.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.