What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Bellamine Tablet to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- Not Recommended: TERATOGENIC; INFANT COAGULATION DEFECTS REVERSIBLE WITH ORAL VIT K
- Only When Necessary:
- Absolute Contraindication:
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: SEDATION; INFANTILE SPASMS REPORTED AFTER WEANING FROM BREASTMILK.
- Absolute Contraindication: ADVERSE EFFECTS REPORTED IN NEONATES
- Precaution: MAY INHIBIT LACTATION. AVOID CHRONIC USE.
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: Neuro/Psych-Risks for confusion, excitability or depression, and increased fall incidence.
- management or monitoring precaution: More likely to experience complications such as induced hypothermia and ischemia.
- management or monitoring precaution: Neuro/Psych-Anticholinergic effects may cause sedation, worsen cognitive impairment and increase fall risk. Cardiovascular-May cause orthostatic hypotension at higher doses. Gastrointestinal-May cause or worsen pre-existing constipation. Genitourinary-Best avoided in patients with urinary retention from any cause.
Giving Bellamine Tablet to a child under 12
- management or monitoring precaution: May cause hyperactivity or paradoxical excitement in children
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.