Who should not take Tums Dual Action?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- decreased kidney function
- increased activity of the parathyroid gland
- high amount of calcium in the blood
- kidney stones
- tumor that dissolves bone
- stomach cancer
- chronic kidney disease stage 3A (moderate)
- chronic kidney disease stage 3B (moderate)
- chronic kidney disease stage 4 (severe)
- chronic kidney disease stage 5 (failure)
- kidney disease with likely reduction in kidney function
- Calcium Carbonate
- Histamine H2 Inhibitors
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.