What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Telmisartan-Amlodipine to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- Requires a Risk/Benefit Assessment:
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: INSUFFICIENT DATA AVAIL; CONSIDER MATERNAL TREATMENT BENEFIT VS INFANT RISK
- Precaution: INSUFFICIENT HUMAN DATA AVAILABLE
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: General-Not recommended as first line therapy in the elderly. Cardiovascular-Start at 2.5 mg/day and slowly titrate upward. Peripheral edema may be common. Lower drug clearance may result in increased sensitivity to blood pressure lowering effects. Gastrointestinal-May cause or worsen pre-existing constipation.
Giving Telmisartan-Amlodipine to a child under 12
- management or monitoring precaution: Safety and efficacy of combination product not established in pediatrics.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.