What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Botox Vial to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- FDB Only When Necessary: INSUFFICIENT HUMAN DATA AVAILABLE.
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: INSUFFICIENT DATA AVAILABLE
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: Urogenital-Elderly patients with overactive bladder may be at greater risk for UTI and urinary retention compared to younger patients.
Giving Botox Vial to a child under 12
- Severe Precaution: Risk of toxin spread can be life threatening. Safety and effectiveness not established in age < 2 years
- Severe Precaution: Risk of toxin spread can be life threatening. Indications limited to upper or lower limb spasticity, cervical dystonia, blepharospasm and strabismus. Total dose in a 3-month interval should not exceed 10 units/kg body weight or 340 units, whichever is lower.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.