What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering MOTRIN PM to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- Not Recommended:
- Not Recommended:
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: LOW LEVELS IN BREAST MILK, WITH NO KNOWN RESULTING ADVERSE EFFECT ON INFANT
- Precaution: LIMITED DATA SUGGEST INCREASED DROWSINESS, AND IRRITABILITY
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: Neuro/Psych-Anticholinergic effects may cause sedation, worsen cognitive impairment and increase fall risk. Maximum of 25mg/day. Cardiovascular-May cause orthostatic hypotension at higher doses. Gastrointestinal-May cause or worsen pre-existing constipation. Genitourinary-Best avoided in patients with urinary retention from any cause.
- management or monitoring precaution: Gastrointestinal-Risk for ulceration or serious GI bleed; highest with history of PUD or GI bleed. Renal-Risk for exacerbation of CKD. Cardiovascular-May exacerbate pre-existing hypertension or CHF. Risk of cardiovascular thrombotic events, including MI and stroke. This risk may occur early in treatment and increases with duration of use. Risk for reinfarction with minimal NSAID use post-MI. Contraindicated with CABG. Hepatic-Elevated hepatic transaminases may occur with chronic use.
Giving Haloperidol to a child under 12
- Severe Precaution: Combination product not recommended age <12 years.
You Might Also Like
Have you ever purchased Motrin PM oral?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.