What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Tekamlo Tablet to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- FDB Contraindicated or Not Recommended: FETAL DEATH/MORBIDITY W/USE IN 2ND & 3RD TRIMESTER, STOP WHEN PREGNANCY DETECTED
- FDB Only When Necessary: UNCONTROLLED HTN CAN RESULT IN INCREASED MATERNAL/FETAL MORBIDITY AND MORTALITY
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: INSUFFICIENT DATA AVAIL; CONSIDER MATERNAL TREATMENT BENEFIT VS INFANT RISK
- Precaution: CAUTION ADVISED; SERIOUS ADVERSE EFFECTS POSSIBLE
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: General-Not recommended as first line therapy in the elderly. Cardiovascular-Start at 2.5 mg/day and slowly titrate upward. Peripheral edema may be common. Lower drug clearance may result in increased sensitivity to blood pressure lowering effects. Gastrointestinal-May cause or worsen pre-existing constipation.
Giving Tekamlo Tablet to a child under 12
- management or monitoring precaution: No safety and efficacy data for age < 6 years.
- Severe Precaution: Potential risk of increased drug exposure and toxicity. No safety and efficacy age < 6 years.
- Contraindication: Risk of increased drug exposure and toxicity. Contraindicated age < 2 years.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.