Who should not take GILENYA?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- a bad infection
- low amount of magnesium in the blood
- low amount of potassium in the blood
- low levels of white blood cells
- inflammation of the uvea of the eye
- high blood pressure
- significant uncontrolled high blood pressure
- a heart attack
- heart attack within the last 30 days
- angina, a type of chest pain
- a sudden worsening of heart related chest pain called angina
- complete heart block
- second degree atrioventricular heart block
- sick sinus syndrome
- slow heartbeat
- prolonged QT interval on EKG
- severe heart failure
- chronic heart failure suddenly not controlled by medication
- abnormal EKG with QT changes from birth
- a transient ischemic attack, a type of stroke that lasts only a few minutes
- a stroke
- a disease of the lung
- severe liver disease
- decreased kidney function
- sleep apnea
- abnormal liver function tests
- a mother who is producing milk and breastfeeding
- basal cell carcinoma of the skin
- macular edema
- progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy, a type of brain infection
- a type of brain disorder called posterior reversible encephalopathy syndrome
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using fingolimod oral?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.