Who should not take Vandetanib Oral?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- a condition with low thyroid hormone levels
- low amount of magnesium in the blood
- low amount of calcium in the blood
- low amount of potassium in the blood
- high blood pressure
- torsades de pointes, a type of abnormal heart rhythm
- prolonged QT interval on EKG
- chronic heart failure
- abnormal EKG with QT changes from birth
- cerebral ischemia, a lack of blood supply to the brain
- a localized weakening and ballooning in an artery wall called an arterial aneurysm
- recent operation
- excessive diarrhea
- impaired wound healing
- a patient who is producing milk and breastfeeding
- lung tissue problem
- a type of brain disorder called posterior reversible encephalopathy syndrome
- chronic kidney disease stage 3A (moderate)
- chronic kidney disease stage 3B (moderate)
- chronic kidney disease stage 4 (severe)
- chronic kidney disease stage 5 (failure)
- kidney disease with likely reduction in kidney function
- dissection of artery
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using Vandetanib Oral?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.