Who should not take METHADONE HCL?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- decreased function of the adrenal gland
- low amount of magnesium in the blood
- low amount of potassium in the blood
- alcohol intoxication
- drug abuse
- cor pulmonale
- torsades de pointes, a type of abnormal heart rhythm
- prolonged QT interval on EKG
- left ventricular hypertrophy
- abnormal EKG with QT changes from birth
- low blood pressure
- asthma attack
- decreased lung function
- blockage of the stomach or intestine
- liver problems
- biliary and gallbladder problem
- acute inflammation of the pancreas
- an inability to completely empty the bladder
- weakened patient
- weakness and wasting of the body
- high pressure within the skull
- chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- kidney disease with likely reduction in kidney function
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using methadone HCL Syringe?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.