What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering COLD-ALLERGY to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- Not Recommended:
- Not Recommended:
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: MONITOR FOR CHANGES IN RESPIRATION, GI EFFECTS, SEDATION, FEEDING PATTERNS
- Precaution: INSUFFICIENT HUMAN DATA AVAILABLE
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: Pulmonary-Respiratory depression is more likely to occur in elderly due to altered pharmacokinetics (poor fat stores, muscle wasting, or altered clearance). Consider naloxone Rx. Neuro/Psych-Risk for confusion, delirium and falls. Avoid treatment with 3 or more CNS active agents. Gastrointestinal-Constipation risk. Renal-Impaired function may lead to increased toxicity due to accumulation of parent compound and metabolites. Cardiovascular-Monitor for hypotension with high doses.
Giving Haloperidol to a child under 12
- Severe Precaution: No established efficacy for cough and cold products age < 2 years. Do not use unless directed by clinician consultation.
- Severe Precaution: Risk of respiratory depression, breathing problems. Contraindicated age< 6 years.
- Severe Precaution: Risk of respiratory depression, slowed or difficult breathing, and exposure to the risk of addiction with misuse and abuse. Not indicated in pediatrics.
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using G-Tuss oral?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.