Who should not take METHYLDOPA-HYDROCHLOROTHIAZIDE?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- increased activity of the parathyroid gland
- high cholesterol
- a type of joint disorder due to excess uric acid in the blood called gout
- low amount of magnesium in the blood
- high amount of calcium in the blood
- low amount of sodium in the blood
- low amount of potassium in the blood
- liver failure
- acute inflammation of the pancreas
- systemic lupus erythematosus, an autoimmune disease
- yellowing of the skin in a newborn child
- high amount of uric acid in the blood
- abnormally high levels of nitrogen-containing compounds in your blood
- secondary angle-closure glaucoma, a type of eye disorder
- decreased blood volume
- basal cell carcinoma of the skin
- cessation of urine production
- acid base problem with low chloride and basic pH blood
- cancer of the squamous cells in the skin
- destruction of red blood cells by body's own antibodies
- a type of movement disorder called parkinsonism
- angina, a type of chest pain
- chronic heart failure
- severe disorder of the blood vessels of the brain
- hardening of the liver
- liver problems
- severe liver disease
- decreased kidney function
- visible water retention
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using Aldoril-25 oral?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.