What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Liquibid-D Tablet, Extended Release 12 Hr to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- Requires a Risk/Benefit Assessment:
- FDA C (unknown human fetal risk; assess risk/benefit):
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: ORAL BIOAVAILABILITY LOW; INFANT EXPOSURE MAY BE MINIMAL
- Precaution: INSUFFICIENT HUMAN DATA AVAILABLE
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: Cardiovascular-Elderly are more sensitive to tachycardia and hypertensive effects. May exacerbate symptomatic coronary insufficiency. Genitourinary-May cause urinary retention. Neuro/Psych-May worsen cognitive impairment in some elderly with dementia. Insomnia risk.
Giving Liquibid-D Tablet, Extended Release 12 Hr to a child under 12
- management or monitoring precaution: Consult clinician for use in pediatrics age < 12 years.
- Contraindication: Risk of CNS excitation. Do not use age <6 years without clinician consult.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.