What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering WAL-PHED to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- Not Recommended:
- Not Recommended:
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: MAY DECREASE MILK SUPPLY, AND CAUSE IRRITABILITY
- Precaution: INSUFFICIENT DATA AVAILABLE; MAY CAUSE SEDATION AND INHIBIT LACTATION
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: Cardiovascular-Elderly are more sensitive to tachycardia and hypertensive effects. May exacerbate symptomatic coronary insufficiency. Genitourinary-May cause urinary retention. Neuro/Psych-May worsen cognitive impairment in some elderly with dementia. Insomnia risk.
- management or monitoring precaution: Neuro/Psych-Anticholinergic effects may cause sedation, worsen cognitive impairment and increase fall risk. Non-sedating antihistamine preferred. Gastrointestinal-May cause or worsen pre-existing constipation. Genitourinary-Best avoided in patients with urinary retention from any cause.
Giving Haloperidol to a child under 12
- Severe Precaution: Increased sensitivity to side effects. Dose form or strength not appropriate.
- Severe Precaution: Not recommended in children under 12 years unless clinician consultation.
- Severe Precaution: Possible paradoxical CNS excitation. Seizure risk in newborns.
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using Deconamine SR oral?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.