What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Bismuth Subsalicylate-Kaolin Suspension to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- FDB Only When Necessary: INSUFFICIENT DATA AVAILABLE
- FDB Only When Necessary: DO NOT USE FOR LONG PERIODS OR IN HIGH DOSES
If you are NURSING
- Absolute Contraindication: ONE REPORT OF METABOL ACIDOSIS W/ASA;RISK OF REYE'S SYN W/VIRAL ILLNESS/FEVER
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: Increased risk of fecal impaction. Sensitivity to toxic effects more likely.
- management or monitoring precaution: Metabolic-Risk for fluid and electrolyte loss. Gastrointestinal-Constipation and fecal impaction risk.
Giving Bismuth Subsalicylate-Kaolin Suspension to a child under 12
- Severe Precaution: Do not use in current or recovery from varicella or influenza illness.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.