What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering QSYMIA to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- Not Recommended:
- Not Recommended:
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: MONITOR FOR SIGNS OF TOXICITY; MAY CAUSE SEDATION,IRRITABILITY,FEEDING PROBLM
- Precaution: INSUFF DATA AVAIL; MW LOW, EXCRETION POSSIBLE; OTHER AMPHETAMINES EXCRETED
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: Renal-Decrease dose for CrCl < 70 mL/min. to minimize CNS toxicities. Neuro/Psych-Can cause ataxia, impaired psychomotor function, syncope, and increase risk for additional falls in those predisposed. Vision-Visual field defects have been reported in patients receiving topiramate independent of elevated intraocular pressure. In clinical trials, most of these events were reversible after topiramate discontinuation.
- management or monitoring precaution: Cardiovascular-Limited usage data in the elderly. Contraindicated in severe hypertension, coronary insufficiency or peripheral vascular disease. Renal-Urinary excretion of 62-85%. Use caution with renal impairment to minimize adverse events. Neuro/Psych-May worsen insomnia. Ocular-Contraindicated in patients with glaucoma.
Giving Haloperidol to a child under 12
- Severe Precaution: Risks include acidosis, hyperammonemia, decreased sweating, attention or memory disturbance, suicidal ideation. Manufacturer does not recommend use in pediatrics.
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using phentermine-topiramate oral?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.