Who should not take FERROUS SULFATE?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- iron metabolism disorder causing increased iron storage
- an overload of iron in the blood
- a type of blood disorder where the red blood cells burst called hemolytic anemia
- an ulcer from too much stomach acid
- ulcerative colitis, an inflammatory condition of the intestines
- problems with food passing through the esophagus
- diverticular disease
- excess iron due to repeated blood transfusions
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
You Might Also Like
Have you ever purchased Gentle Iron (iron sulfate) oral?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.