What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Kapvay Dose Pack Tablet, Extended Release, (Tablet, ER, Pack) to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- Requires a Risk/Benefit Assessment:
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: POTENTIAL ADVERSE EFFECTS TO INFANT.
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: Cardiovascular-Risk for orthostatic hypotension, falls. Caution with conduction abnormalities. Neuro/Psych-Risk of somnolence, fatigue.
Giving Kapvay Dose Pack Tablet, Extended Release, (Tablet, ER, Pack) to a child under 12
- Severe Precaution: No safety and efficacy age < 6 years.
- management or monitoring precaution: More sensitive to effects of CNS depression. Rare reports of hallucinations, prolonged QT interval.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.