Simeprevir/Strong or Moderate CYP3A4 Inhibitors Interactions
This information is generalized and not intended as specific medical advice. Consult your healthcare professional before taking or discontinuing any drug or commencing any course of treatment.
Serious. These medicines may interact and cause very harmful effects. Contact your healthcare professional (e.g. doctor or pharmacist) for more information.
How the interaction occurs:
Amprenavir, aprepitant, atazanavir, boceprevir, cimetidine, ciprofloxacin, clarithromycin, cobicistat, conivaptan, crizotinib, cyclosporine, darunavir, diltiazem, dronedarone, erythromycin, fosamprenavir, fluconazole, imatinib, indinavir, itraconazole, ketoconazole, lopinavir, mibefradil, milk thistle, nefazodone, nelfinavir, posaconazole, ritonavir, saquinavir, telaprevir, telithromycin, tipranavir, troleandomycin, verapamil, or voriconazole may speed up how quickly your liver processes simeprevir.
What might happen:
The amount of simeprevir in your blood may increase and cause more side effects than expected.
What you should do about this interaction:
Make sure your healthcare professionals (e.g. doctor or pharmacist) know that you are taking these medicines together. Your doctor may want to adjust your medicines.Your healthcare professionals may already be aware of this interaction and may be monitoring you for it. Do not start, stop, or change the dosage of any medicine before checking with them first.
- 1.Olysio (simeprevir) US prescribing information. Janssen Products, LP May, 2017.
- 2.US Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Drug Development and Drug Interactions: Table of Substrates, Inhibitors and Inducers. Available at: http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/DevelopmentApprovalProcess/DevelopmentResources/D rugInteractionsLabeling/ucm093664.htm. Updated 08/05/2011.
- 3.This information is based on or an extract from the UW Metabolism and Transport Drug Interaction Database (DIDB) Platform, Copyright University of Washington 1999-2014..
- 4.Prezista (darunavir) US prescribing information. Tibotec Inc. June 19, 2017.
- 5.Norvir (ritonavir) US prescribing information. Abbott Laboratories June 29, 2017.