What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Uceris to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- FDB Only When Necessary: INSUFF HUMAN DATA AVAIL; ANIMAL DATA SUG DEV TOX; CONSIDER MATERNAL BENEFIT
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: REPORTED AMOUNT IN BREASTMILK < 1% OF MATERNAL DOSE W/ INHALATION.
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: Cardiovascular-Caution in chronic heart failure patients due to sodium and water retention with glucocorticoid use. Endocrine-May cause hyperglycemia or worsen glucose control in diabetics. Longer term use may cause osteopenia or osteoporosis. Neuro/Psych-Avoid in older adults with or at high risk of delirium because of inducing or worsening delirium.
Giving Uceris to a child under 12
- Severe Precaution: Lower dose and shorter duration of therapy may minimize growth rate reduction. No safety and efficacy established age < 8 years.
- management or monitoring precaution: Lower dose and shorter duration of therapy may minimize growth rate reduction.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.