Who should not take THALOMID?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- acute myeloid leukemia, a type of blood cancer
- decreased blood platelets
- low levels of a type of white blood cell called neutrophils
- a low seizure threshold
- a painful condition that affects the nerves in the legs and arms called peripheral neuropathy
- a low supply of oxygen rich blood to the heart
- a clot in the lung
- slow heartbeat
- a stroke
- obstruction of a blood vessel by a blood clot
- blood clot in a deep vein of the extremities
- orthostatic hypotension, a form of low blood pressure
- myelodysplastic syndrome, a bone marrow disorder
- a mother who is producing milk and breastfeeding
- a type of brain disorder called posterior reversible encephalopathy syndrome
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using Thalomid?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.