What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Liptruzet to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- Only When Necessary:
- Absolute Contraindication:
If you are NURSING
- Absolute Contraindication: ANIMAL STUDIES SUGGEST EXCRETION OCCURS; POTENTIAL ADVERSE EFFECTS IN INFANT.
- Precaution: INSUFFICIENT DATA AVAILABLE; NOT RECOMMENDED IN COMBO WITH STATINS
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: Musculoskeletal-Higher incidence of myopathy with age over 65. Hepatic-Monitor LFTs for liver dysfunction.
Giving Liptruzet to a child under 12
- management or monitoring precaution: Manufacturer recommends contraception counseling to postmenarchal females. Monitor for myopathy and liver dysfunction.
- management or monitoring precaution: Safety and efficacy not established in pediatrics <10 years.
- management or monitoring precaution: Not studied and no established safety and efficacy in age <10 years and in pre-menarche girls.