Who should not take Lorcaserin Oral?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- type 2 diabetes mellitus
- a high prolactin level
- low levels of a type of white blood cell called neutrophils
- suicidal thoughts
- neuroleptic malignant syndrome, a reaction characterized by fever, muscle rigidity and confusion
- serotonin syndrome, a type of disorder with high serotonin levels
- heart valve disease
- a type of slowed heart rhythm disorder called heart block
- slow heartbeat
- priapism, a prolonged erection of the penis
- Peyronie's disease
- a patient who is producing milk and breastfeeding
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using Lorcaserin Oral?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.