What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Infliximab Solution, Reconstituted (Recon Soln) to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- FDB Only When Necessary: INSUFF DATA AVAIL; CROSSES PLACENTA,AVOID LIVE VACCINES FOR 6 MONTHS AFTER BIRTH
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: LIMITED HUMAN DATA SUGG DRUG IS UNDETECTABLE; NO KNOWN ADV REACTION IN INFANT
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: General-Elderly patients have an increased risk for serious infection. Monitor closely. Cardiovascular-Risk of worsening heart failure.
Giving Infliximab Solution, Reconstituted (Recon Soln) to a child under 12
- Severe Precaution: Safety and efficacy not established age< 6 years. Rare risk of malignancy or lymphoma.
- management or monitoring precaution: Higher rate of infection, anemia, bone fracture, respiratory tract allergic reaction. Risk of malignancy or lymphoma including hepatosplenic T-cell lymphoma. Ensure updated vaccination with live vaccines prior to therapy.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.