What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Tocilizumab Syringe to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- FDB Only When Necessary: INSUFF HUMAN DATA; CROSS PLACENTA DURING 3RD TRIM; EMBRYOTOXIC IN ANIMALS
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: INSUFF HUMAN DATA; POTENTIAL FOR SERIOUS ADVERSE EFFECTS, CAUTION ADVISED
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: General-Elderly patients have an increased risk for serious infections compared to younger adults.
Giving Tocilizumab Syringe to a child under 12
- management or monitoring precaution: Safety and efficacy not established. Not studied age < 2 years.
- management or monitoring precaution: Risk of dose related lab abnormalities, increased liver enzymes, neutropenia, and thrombocytopenia. May require dose interruption. Ensure immunizations are up to date prior to initiating treatment.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.