Who should not take ACTEMRA?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- active tuberculosis
- inactive tuberculosis
- a bacterial infection
- opportunistic fungal infection
- pneumonia with a fungus called Pneumocystis jirovecii
- a bad infection
- infection that lasts a long time
- cancer or malignancy
- high cholesterol
- high amount of triglyceride in the blood
- decreased blood platelets
- low levels of a type of white blood cell called neutrophils
- multiple sclerosis
- demyelination, a type of nervous system disorder
- liver problems
- abnormal liver function tests
- a rupture in the wall of the stomach or intestine
- an increased risk of developing an uncommon viral infection called an opportunistic infection
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using Actemra Syringe?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.